The Board of Supervisors regularly meets at 9:30am on Tuesdays. These meetings are currently held virtually over Zoom due to the COVID-19 crisis.
The Board’s schedule of meetings, agendas, and meeting materials can be found here: Agenda Portal: Board of Supervisors
Agenda materials for each meeting are generally available at the end of the business day the Wednesday prior to each Tuesday meeting.
You can watch and/or listen to Board meetings over the internet:
At Board meetings, public comment can be provided on items that are on the agenda as well as items that are not on the agenda.
For items not on the agenda, state law prevents the Board from taking any action. This sort of public comment is usually taken at the beginning of each meeting.
For items on the agenda, public comment is taken when the item is heard.
During the COVID-19 crisis, you can provide your comments during the meeting virtually via Zoom, or in advance of the meeting via email or by letter.
To share your comments live over Zoom at a Board of Supervisors meeting, follow the steps below:
1. Check the calendar of Board of Supervisors meetings Agenda Portal: Board of Supervisors
2. Click on the Agenda Packet of the meeting you would like to attend. The first page of this packet contains the Zoom link you can use to access the meeting. You can also call into the meeting by phone using the number provided immediately after the Zoom link.
3. You may download the Zoom app or connect to the meeting using your internet browser. If using your browser, make sure you are using a current, up-to-date browser: Chrome 30+, Firefox 27+, Microsoft Edge 12+, Safari 7+. Certain functionality may be disabled in older browsers including Internet Explorer.
4. You will be asked to enter an email address and name and that you identify yourself by name as this will be visible online and will be used to notify you that it is your turn to speak.
5. When the Board President calls for the item on which you wish to speak, click on "raise hand" at the bottom of the screen. The Clerk will activate and unmute speakers in turn. Speakers will be notified shortly before they are called to speak. If you are calling in by phone, press *9 to request to speak and *6 to unmute yourself when prompted.
6. When called, please limit your remarks to the time limit allotted.
7. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, those requiring accommodation for these meetings should notify the Clerk of the Board's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting at (408) 299-5001 or [email protected]
8. Language interpretation services are available. Please contact the Office of the Clerk of the Board at (408) 299-5001 no less than three business days prior to the meeting to request an interpreter.
To submit your public comments in writing, via email or mail, please include the agenda item number on your email or letter.
By email: [email protected]
By mail: Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors
70 W. Hedding Street, 10th Floor
San Jose, CA 95110
The Board of Supervisors has five policy committees that meet on a monthly basis. These meetings are normally held in Board Chambers at the Government Center, but are currently being conducted virtually over Zoom. Board Policy Committee meeting schedules, agendas, videos and minutes can be found at the following links:
Board Policy Committees also welcome your comments on matters of concern to you. The instructions for providing public comment at Board Policy Committees are the same as those provided above for Board of Supervisors meetings.